Thursday, December 21, 2006



Alas My lovely SAAB had to go. I was not too happy with it and the last straw was when it left me stranded and then the follow up of service was poor. Too many small things were not right either. Here are some of my little niggles: the way the seat memory buttons are too close to my bum on entry and exit so that the seat sometimes re-programmes itself to a new position. It took me a while to discover that one! The car left me stranded when the steering lock “module” failed! The lock is now subject of a recall in UK so my car has had the module replaced twice now. My steering wheel rhs controls for various functions work intermittently and I await a new part. The chassis, although very good, transmits lots of noise to the cabin when moving in town and the diesel engine that I have is so noisy at low speed that it is embarrassing when going out with friends. Its like driving a tractor. Once on the motorway it's quiet and is a fantastic cruiser but that is not where it is doing most of its work. Bye Bye, my SAAB. Long Live my Audi.

No comments: